Quick and Easy to MAKE, homemade, Plant based, dairy-free natural Almond Milk! So creamy, so flavorful, so good, so delicious! NATURAL NUT MILK for real!
Vegan white moustache anyone?, let me see it! Yey!
Homemade natural nut milks, using natural soaked RAW nuts: almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts or any other raw nut of your preference is a healthier, plantbased, vegan option over store-bought, fake, processed, dairy, or nut milks you find at any supermarket or grocery store.
STORE-BOUGHT NUT MILKS ARE FAKE!
If you care to read the ingredients on the label of store-bought nut milks you find at supermarkets or grocery stores (even organic ones) you will see that they are loaded with artificial, processed ingredients, additives and preservatives that are harmful to our health.
- Tricalcium Phosphate,
- Calcium carbonate,
- “Natural Flavors”,
- Locust Bean Gum,
- Sunflower Lecithin,
- Gellan Gum,
- Xanthan Gum,
- Tapioca Starch,
- Vitamin E Acetate,
- Zinc Gluconate,
- Vitamin A Palmitate,
- Riboflavin (B2),
- Vitamin B12,
- Vitamin D2.
Real food comes from real natural ingredients!
THE MILK MYTH
Contrary to what many people believe, our body is not biologically designed to drink cow’s or any other animal milk. We are frugivores!
Cow’s milk actually depletes our body from Calcium. Being cow’s milk high in protein, that is good for baby calves but not for humans; even worst if pasteurized and homogenized it creates an acid environment within our body that it has to neutralize with an acid neutralizer, Calcium and guess where it takes it from… You guessed! from the bones! An irony, Hummm!
You can switch over to a this HOMEMADE natural Almond Milk recipe instead! So creamy, so healthy, so good, so delicous!
EASY TO FOLLOW HOW-TO STEPS
You’ll be surprise how EASY it is TO MAKE almond milk / or any nut milk!.
It only requieres 2 simple ingredients:
- Water and
- Soaked RAW Almonds (or the nut of your preference).
That’s all! Can you believe it?!.
Blend them in a high speed blender until you get a smooth consistency.
Run the mixture through a nut milk bag and squeeze the golden liquid and Voilá! You have wholesome HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK rich in vitamins and minerals in less than 10 min.
By soaking your nuts overnight you help them release enzyme inhibitors and make them more digestable and nutrient rich.
Blended homemade Natural Almond Milk has a mild bitter taste at the end; if you prefer a sweetened and spiced option you can powered it up with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla and add a couple of pitted dates or date sugar to make it more flavourful and sweet delicious.
There you have a fully raw, wholesome, nutrient rich nut milk drink to enjoy naturally as is or with milkshakes, raw granolas, green smoothies, soups, nut creams, banana ice creams… Miam!
I hope you get to try this healthy, rich nut milk recipe and see the changes in your body as you get to eat more healthy and nutrient rich, delicious real food!.
Take a picture and tag it #simplycrudelicious #crudelicioso on Instagram. I want to see your vegan white moustache! Leave a commnent down below and subscribe for more!
- If you do not have a nut milk bag you can use a fine mesh strainer. Place a large fine cloth or large handkerchief over and gradually run the liquid mixture through. Use a large wooden spoon to help you strain the almond milk pulp.
- To have a more liquid nut milk texture add 1/4 cup of water at a time until desired consistency. To make it thicker use less water instead. Taste and adjust sweetness and flavors to your taste.
- You can use the whole vanilla bean instead of cuting it open and scraping the seeds out. Just go gradually by adding cut pieces of 0.4in ~ 1cm. Taste and adjust flavors to your taste.
- Use this technique to cut it open and scrape vanilla bean seeds.
- If you don’t find vanilla beans you can use alcohol-free vanilla extract instead.
- Natural Almond milk will keep well in the fridge in a glass milk jar with lid for up to week. Place it at the back of your fridge when it tends to be colder.
- Don’t discard your Almond Pulp leftovers you can make delicious raw vegan cookies and crackers. Place leftovers in a safe freezer bag and store it in the freezer for later use.
- Nutritional information is a rough estimate taken from CRON-O-meter.
Tools and ingredients I used for this recipe
- This is the blender that I own and love. I use it everyday and have a special place in my kitchen! In the past I’ve also used or had access to this one too, I love both of them!
- Having a nut milk bag to run your Almond milk through makes it really easy.
- I highly recommend using organic produce, nuts and spices as much as you can or is available to you. I used organic almonds, organic vanilla beans, organic pitted dates, organic date sugar and organic ground cinnamon sticks.