Runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, sneezing, coughing… Are you feeling under the weather? Worry not my friend. This immune boosting citrus pineapple ginger recovery juice is what you need to help your immune system fight off the dreaded cold and flu very common these winter days.
The ingredients – Immune Boosting Foods
What makes this boosting juice so powerful are the combination of freshly squeezed oranges, zesty lime/lemons and juicy ruby red grapefruits, along with fresh pineapple juice (from fresh pineapple chunks) together with a dash of ginger and turmeric roots, and a pinch of chilli pepper for a quick uplift.
A natural way to relief cold and flu symptoms
This is the best juice you can drink when you start feeling a sniffle or cold coming on. Here’s a rundown of the health benefits:
- It is nutritious, high in Vitamin C, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that will help soothe your throat and remove mucus from your chest.
- It helps stimulate blood circulation, opening up your sinuses.
- It promotes healthy sweating, which helps your immune system fight viruses, and cleanse your cells and tissues of toxins.
What’s that for a natural cleansing-detoxifying-healing-nourishing immune boosting juice! It is absolutely refreshing and delicious and along with smoothies it’s a great way to prevent cold, flu, any illness or disease. Drink It all up!
I’m up for a 21 day Juice Challenge!
My friend Lisa Holt, who host Lisa’s 21 Day Juice Challenge and created a beautiful community of followers inspired me to challenge myself, and be up for a personal challenge myself!. I have never give it a try before but I’m very excited to jump all in, to give my body a complete reset and energy boost.
I hope to share my experience and insight with you along the way, as the recipes I come up with. I’ll start on Wednesday 1st of February and will go till the 21st! Hold me accountable my friend! Let’s see how it goes. I’m open to the adventure! Yey!.
Drink your way up to a healthy body and supercharge your immune system!. Make health your priority number one today!.
Eat well, nourishing, vibrant fruits that will make you feel vibrant and alive from the inside out, take proper rest, get well and get back to your game!.
Let me know how you feel after you drink this immune immune boosting recipe. Tag a picture #simplycrudelicious #crudelicious on Instagram, leave a comment below, and subscribe to receive new recipes every week!.
Immune Boosting Citrus Pineapple Ginger Juice
Yield 650 ml aprox.
Citrus fruits combined with pineapple, ginger, turmeric and a dash of chilli pepper to create a juicy, zesty, sweet, slightly spicy immune boosting, flu shot juice recipe. Sure to fight off the dreaded cold and flu in no time.
250 ml orange juice (juice of 4 oranges)
100 ml grapefruit juice (juice of 1 grapefruit)
2 tbsp ~ 50ml lemon juice (1/2 lemon or lime)
1/2 pineapple ~ 2 cups (cut in chunks)
Dash ~ 1/8 tsp ground turmeric (subs for 1/4 tsp fresh ginger)
Dash ~ 1/8 tsp ground ginger root (subs for fresh ginger)
Pinch ~ 1/16 tsp chilli flakes (subs for powder or fresh chilli pepper)
- Wash citrus fruits, cut them in half and squeeze the juice out using a citrus juicer.
- Add fresh squeezed juice, pineapple chunks and spices into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large round bowl and pour the juice over. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to press the pulp down and squeeze the juice out. Either discard the pulp, use it for compost or preserve it for later use. Store it in the freezer in freezer safe bags.
- Serve and drink immediately for freshness and power boosting!.
Cuisine Raw Vegan
Serving Size 325 ml
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.6 g
Sodium 1.85 mg
Total Carbohydrates 58.8 g
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
Sugars 43.2 g
Protein 3.75 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.